5.12.2009

Britney Spears on Dancing as Therapy


After hearing about my career goal of becoming a dance/movement therapist, my cousin told me about a quote from MTV's documentary, Britney: For the Record, where Britney talks about expressing her life issues through dance.

She said: "Everybody has a world that they create around themselves. If I have a lot of nervous energy, when I start dancing it goes away and I just feel emotion."

"People think that if you go through something in your life you need to go to therapy, but for me art is therapy because you are expressing yourself in such a spiritual way."

"Sometimes you don't need to use words to go through what you need to go through. Sometimes it's an emotion that you need to feel when you dance, that you touch on and the only way you can touch it is if you move a certain way."

No comments:

Post a Comment