6.22.2009

Why do YOU Dance?

The folks at Jacob's Pillow Dance Co have started asking this question, and I would like to ask it, too. So, why do YOU dance?

I dance because it makes me think and connect or care about what I'm thinking. I feel better. I feel more there, alive. I smile and I smile hard and harder. I love the sensation of movement itself. For me, moving has something to do with being free and being honest and being yourself.
- Anonymous

Because it feels good and natural.
- Clare O'Donnell via Facebook

Because it makes me happy - it's the expression of life!
- Tracy Frederickson via Facebook

I dance, because it makes me happy and it's in my blood :)
- Kris Nobles via Facebook

There is no other way to express the things that can only be expressed through dance.
- Kaity Barnes via Facebook

I dance because there is something inside me that wants out - it wants to move and express and be beautiful and feel good.
- Anonymous

Because without it, my soul is incomplete.
- Carla Santia via Facebook

Because my body loves to express stories.
- Frederic Troadec via Facebook

"i don't know what it is, but i need it" ~antonio gades, "carmen"
- Ed Young via Facebook

Because there's no greater feeling in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Miriam Louie Brown via Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment